Give Methow 2023 results for FOTP

Fun CH

Re: Give Methow 2023 results for FOTP

Post by Fun CH »

dhop wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:55 am Ray, The biggest loser if FOP’s proposition passes could be the other 42 nonprofits in the valley. How many will pay for the pool tax by cutting their donations to other nonprofits. FOP is a greedy money-sucking organization that values luxury recreation over more needed services.
Not to mention the money stress the Mega MAC pool taxes will place on low income families. How many families will have to move on because they can't afford the ever increasing cost of living here?

How many families will split up because their coping mechanisms can't handle the added stress?

In Larry Goldie's* letter to the editor he mentioned that no one likes to pay property taxes that pay for schools and roads etc. That simply is not true. I don't mind paying our fair share for essential services. It's actually a source of pride that we can do that. But you are right bro, we won't be able to afford further donations if prop 1 passes.

I don't however believe I should have to pay property taxes so people can play with their kids in a heated year round luxury pool facility.

Larry failed to mention in his letter that he is married to the co -chair of the FOP board and that there is a strong possibly that she will be either on the MPD board or one of the MPD "corporate officers". Both well paid positions, so perhaps not a burden to pay their added property taxes if that occurs.

But what about those who are less fortunate where this Mega MAC tax issue is a make or break proposition? It's well researched that empathy is secondary to self interest gain, so I guess that explains the SOL attitude towards low income families by those who desire a luxury winter swim in a heated pool and then on to the tax dollar funded hot tub.. Or maybe they are just blinded to the plight of others?

GREED KILLS.

* Full disclosure: I'm one of the people who turned Larry's guiding company into the Forest Service for guiding outside of his permitted terrain area. He recieved a warning letter from the FS for that action.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
dhop

Re: Give Methow 2023 results for FOTP

Post by dhop »

Ray, The biggest loser if FOP’s proposition passes could be the other 42 nonprofits in the valley. How many will pay for the pool tax by cutting their donations to other nonprofits. FOP is a greedy money-sucking organization that values luxury recreation over more needed services.
pasayten

Give Methow 2023 results for FOTP

Post by pasayten »

This years Give Methow campaign raised $771,695 for 43 Methow Valley nonprofits.

Friends of the Pool got $14,496

Methow Housing Trust $45,096
Friends of the Winthrop Public Library $9,451
pasayten
Ray Peterson