Wagner Group head - Prigoshin - dies in jet crash

mister_coffee

Re: Wagner Group head - Prigoshin - dies in jet crash

Post by mister_coffee »

“The assassination of Prigozhin would have catastrophic consequences. The people who gave the order do not understand the mood in the army and the morale at all”, — Russian Voenkor Roman Saponkov
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Good to remember that the infamous Troll Farm was a product of Prighozin. The man knows something about the value of deceit so as much as it works for me that he is among the dead, I also am skeptical that he was aboard.

There's more than Putin who would have profited by his death. The US has a stake as do the Ukrainians. Likewise both Belarus and Poland have been unhappy with him. Also, the Russian mob and FSB have an axe to grind with him.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Whatever you could say about Prigozhin and Wagner, the only advances Russia has made in the past year have been because of him. And at the same time they seem to be purging many of their most popular and most effective combat commanders. All of that doesn't bode well for Russia's efforts in Ukraine.

Also, Rosgvardiya, the paramilitary organization which Putin depends upon to put down revolts, is now a $#!+show.

If I were to draw any conclusions from this whole mess, it is that the next attempt to overthrow Putin will be fought to the finish.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
just-jim

Wagner Group head - Prigoshin - dies in jet crash

Post by just-jim »

This is a BIG deal, especially as it relates to Russian-Belorussian partnership and Ukrainian war efforts!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... sia-wagner

Putin’s hand in the background?

“If Prigozhin is confirmed to have been killed, it is the violent death that many had predicted for him, finally ending a decades-long career at the crossroads of Russian business, Kremlin politics and the criminal underworld.

“What we’re seeing is a very complicated dance between Prigozhin and Putin,” said CIA director Bill Burns during the Aspen Security Forum last month. “I think Putin is someone who generally thinks that revenge is a dish best served cold … In my experience, Putin is the ultimate apostle of payback. So I would be surprised if Prigozhin escapes further retribution for this.

“If I were Prigozhin, I wouldn’t fire my food taster.”