FOP racist facebook post is rewritten once again at MVCC request

Fun CH

FOP racist facebook post is rewritten once again at MVCC request

Post by Fun CH »

I already reported on the racist language that FOP used in the first iteration of their July 25 Facebook post when they referred to our fellow citizens as "colored". The very same language used to demonize and segregate people in the Jim Crow South. The FOP changed that language without offering a public apology.

The original post also included language that had the appearance that somehow MVCC was working in collaboration with and in support of the FOP Aquatics Center proposition 1 which, if passed by voters in November , would create a very powerful non voter accountable Metropolitan Park District.

I sent an email to MVCC asking them to clarify their position and pointed to this FOP face book post.

MVCC's reply to me was that the FOP post was "confusing and puts our name in as though we are collaborating."

MVCC added that they have "not taken a stance," and that "we are not collaborating with them". MVCC stated that they would be asking the FOP to "take the post down". FOP removed MVCC's name from their FB post but is still referencing the MVN article.

So I guess FOP agrees that private pool water is a waste of public water resources but their own use of enormous amounts of water is Ok?
Original post
Original post
Final revision
Final revision
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King