WH weighing pushback on OPEC decision

PAL

Re: WH weighing pushback on OPEC decision

Post by PAL »

“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait,” Trump said. “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."
The Honorable Donald J. Trump
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

“You’re a stupid son of a bi**h” Joe Biden
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

The read I am getting right now is that this OPEC decision is a nothing burger.

Currently OPEC+ production is 2.8MM barrels under quota. So does a 2MM barrel quota reduction mean that they will be selling 2MM barrels less crude or 800,000 more barrels of crude? Kind of hard to say.

What I'm also hearing is that investors aren't enthusiastic about hydrocarbons and consider it a dead end. And in particular if you talk about developing resources in a poor country with questionable respect for property rights they aren't going to be interested at all. So I don't expect a lot of capital to be available for oil and gas development going forward, and what is available is going for development close to wealthy customers in North America, Europe, and Asia.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Hey Ken….here’s where your $2 gas went, 2 and 1/2 years ago…..

B106A2CE-A333-4043-BBA3-B85B8A95C4D4.jpeg
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

For sure and I hear conscriptors are happy to take people right off the street with no questions asked...

Dean Baker, chief economist weighed in to remind people that Trump was the one who negotiated with OPEC to get them to lower production when he was about to leave office and they have never returned to the lowered prices, why should they when oil companies are breaking all records for profits!?

https://cepr.net/high-gas-prices-are-do ... mps-fault/
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Maybe they should be true to themselves and emigrate to Russia. I hear they need people these days.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

End of Trump's era no one was driving, there was zero demand, OPEC couldn't find a market worldwide. Get a grip.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

$2 gas, dumba**! You stick with Biden.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Says the guy who loved Trump's Covfefe and hamberders. The guy who couldn't hold a water glass, walk down a ramp or string together a coherent sentence even with a teleprompter, whose son in law got a $2 billion payoff from the Saudis and who embraced the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia after said Prince was revealed to have ordered the dismemberment of Khasoggi.

I'll stick with Biden, thanks.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

OMG! Brandon can’t even make a sentence “happen”! He’s done nothing meaningful except given away our oil reserves and that makes us very vulnerable.
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Be interesting to see if Biden has America as his first priority or a foreign country? Well not really because his actions already show he doesn't give a rat's butt about the USA
Rideback

WH weighing pushback on OPEC decision

Post by Rideback »

Yesterday this article come out, today OPEC has announced they're cutting back production (this includes Russia) by 2 million barrels to boost the price for consumers. So, it will be interesting to see if Biden can make this happen.

https://gcaptain.com/white-house-report ... f3b097f94b